This year’s conference promises to be bigger and better than ever. We have new exhibitors covering a range of areas – from publishers and assistive technology companies, to recruitment agencies and dysphagia products…we even have a specialist dentist who works closely with SLTs! Here is a bit about the exhibitors currently booked to attend:
1. Pearson Clinical develop and distribute tests and related products for professionals in psychology, health, business, general education, bilingual education, special education, and other areas serving people of all ages and cultures. They have internationally recognized products and services assist skilled, compassionate professionals to improve lives. They are dedicated to the pursuit of professional excellence, leadership, and growth through acquisition, development, publication, and the maintenance of quality assessment tools in order to anticipate and meet the needs of our customers.
2. Liberator bring communication aids that support a wide range of language solutions including Unity, WordPower and text-based systems. They are highly flexible, easy to program and backed by unrivalled warranty and support packages. In addition to offering a comprehensive range of communication aids, adapted toys, learning and inclusion aids, switches, computer access, software and accessories, they provide trainings, assessments, free loans of communication aids, Extended Support & UK technical support that includes weekend cover.
3. Your World Healthcare is a specialist healthcare recruitment agency, placing a range of healthcare professionals from Nurses and Doctors, the full range of Allied Health Professionals(AHP) and Health Science Services(HSS) and Non-Medical Non-Clinical roles within healthcare settings. Established in 2005, Your World Healthcare has capitalised on its reputation for delivering an unbeatable service to become the UK’s leading healthcare recruitment agency.
4. Smartbox Assistive Technology are specialists in computer based communication aids and access to computer systems for people with disabilities. We aim to provide a service that is friendly, efficient and professional. To anyone considering the purchase of a communication aid or a computer access system, we offer clear advice, backed up by personal visits and a short loan of equipment when appropriate. They also trainings, assessments, bespoke set up and support.
5. Danny De Villiers Dentist’scommitment is to personalised, holistic health care, which puts the individual needs of the patient at the centre of everything we do. Danny is very excited about bringing his 32 years experience in General Dentistry, Functional (non-extraction) Orthodontics and TMJ disfunction to Surrey, with his modern dental practice in Weybridge High Street. They take time to work out with you an appropriate oral health plan, then we provide ongoing support and encouragement to help you maintain that plan. Danny is working closely with speech and language therapists.
6. Techcesshave been supplying ‘Talking Technology’ or AAC for their customers for almost a decade. Techcess is known for coming alongside their customers and their support networks and listening to what is important to them and what communication needs they are trying to fulfil. The Team at Techcess take their time with their customers to ensure that the customers needs are fully understood. Then the customer is given the option to try a product out for free for two weeks to see if it is right for them.
7. Colorcards Apps by Speechmark help achieve higher engagement and better results. They combine tried-and-tested content with the latest in technology to create fun and effective interventions. In the classroom, with small groups, or one-on-one, ColorCards Apps are versatile tools in assessing and developing speech, language and communication. Their images have been selected and photographed with great care to maximise the educational benefit for students of all ages and abilities. You can personalise by creating your own photos, at school or at home, adding to our image collection to personalise the app.
8. Talking Mats is a social enterprise whose vision is to improve the lives of people with communication difficulties, and those close to them, by increasing their capacity to communicate effectively about things that matter to them. Their innovative, award-winning Talking Mats communication symbols tool is based on extensive research and designed by Speech and Language Therapists. It uses unique, specially designed picture communication symbols that are attractive to all ages and communication abilities and is used by clinical practitioners, carers and support workers in a wide range of health, social work, residential and education settings.
9. Sensory Guru is a dynamic company with a passion for developing exciting and innovative learning technologies. Specialising in the design and installation of sensory environments, gesture controlled software and inclusive learning technology, Sensory Guru can deliver environments that are inclusive, inspiring and at the leading edge of technological development. Most of what they do is focused on developing bespoke technologies and learning experiences.
10. Maxximahas become firmly established as one of the UK’s leading Recruitment Consultancies supplying high calibre, professional staff to the Health and Social Care sectors.
Maxxima operates under two specialist brands; Labmed specialises in placing Healthcare professionals in the NHS, Private Health and Charitable organisations whilst Swim covers all disciplines of Social Work, Social Care and Social Housing Recruitment. Also Maxxima has built a range of staffing solutions for the provision of staff to the public and private health sector and local authority social care industries throughout the UK and overseas.
11. Wiltshire Farm Foods are the UK’s leading frozen meals home delivery service. Their large and modern kitchens here in Trowbridge, Wiltshire produce a large range of over 250 meals and desserts, all carefully prepared specifically with our customers’ needs in mind. They produce a wide range of meals that cover many different dietary requirements whilst always offering the superb quality and the very best nutritional standards that you would expect from the UK’s leading frozen meals home delivery service
12. Therapy Skills Training Alliance (TSTA) by Speechtherapy4allchildren is a new training group for those who wish to develop core therapy skills in a relaxed and purposeful atmosphere. Trainers are all highly experienced speech and language therapists who have a substantial training record. They are all dedicated to sharing skills and empowering therapists to increase their workplace skill set. Also, they are all actively involved in seeing clients, either as counsellors or speech and language therapists.
ASLTIP’s membership has been growing rapidly since 1989. We are a support organisation run by our members. The executive board is always grateful for new members and new ideas.Apply for a membership